The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please please seek advice from the Diocesan Safeguarding team (phone 01962 737317, email: email@example.com) or from the Parish Safeguarding team (firstname.lastname@example.org) or if necessary report the matter to the local Authority Social Care Services (0300 555 1373) or the Police (101 or 999 if immediate risk or danger) without delay. All local contacts and some helpline numbers are included on the Contact List.
Safeguarding Policy information
Our Safeguarding Policies are set out in the following sub-sections:
- CoE Safeguarding Policy - the Church of England's Safeguarding Policy Poster
- Hook Safeguarding Policy - for the Parish of Hook
- HMR Safeguarding Policy - for the Parish of Heckfield with Mattingley and Rotherwick
- Contact List - a list of people to contact with regard to safeguarding issues.
- https://www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding which is the Church of England safeguarding site
Removed the styling to adjust margins in the two paragraphs below
Each year our Safeguarding Policies and Procedures are discussed and approved by the Hook PCC and HMR PCC and signed by the relevant Church Wardens.
For 2022 – the PCC meetings to review these policies were held as follows:
- HMR PCC on 11th May
- Hook PCC on 13th June